Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Whats for Dinner?

So you may notice that i have added a Recipe of the week to my blog. I am usually very anal about dinner. I make a menu at the end of one month for the next month. Then I rip out all the recipes and make sure that i have the ingredients or that they are on my list. You see in my life there is only one day a month scheduled for the grocery store. I am pretty good at sticking to my menu, that is except for this week, because i have not graced the store with my presence yet this month. So tonight we had the dinner of champions. Fish sticks and potatoes out of the box. I will say that these potatoes are really good. My sweet mother went to the Sam's club for me today and saved my house from this kind of dinner again for a few days.

How do I only go to the store once a month you ask?? Well, here are my tricks. First of all we have Winder Dairy who brings the milk once a week, so there's one problem solved. Second, I have these great things from tupperware that you can put your produce in to keep it fresh longer. Of coarse by the end of the month apples and bananas and such are non-existent. Then I just buy lots of bread and freeze it. If you have never done this I will just let you know that it really works. You just have to remember to take it out and let it thaw on the counter for a while.

So back to the recipe, my sister suggested this. I thought it was a fun idea so we will try it. I do love to cook and I like new recipes. This recipe is an old standby. My kids love it. Especially monkey #1 (who is my oldest boy) and let me tell you he is hard to please. These tacos are really not that spicy, it is just that he calls them that. So hopefully you will all try it and let me know how it goes. Maybe I will remember to do a new one next week. We will see since my brain only works some of the time.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

yay! I love your blog!

Joanna said...

YAY!! Between you and Angel I will have so many yummy new recipes to try! I am so excited!!

Jana Nielson said...

My kids HATE everything but bread and cereal.
I had to "Supernanny" brig the other night. I made him eat one spoonfull of mixed vegies before he could go to a party. He screamed until his face turned purple. It stayed that color for an hour.

Wilkinson Family said...

I am so EXCITED! I always forget to dig into your recipes when I am in town! Now I can just read your blog!!! :)
I also only go to the grocery store once a month, however I only have 2 babies...and a husband who eats for all of them! I love making the menu for the month too. (Did you give me that idea)? Anyway, love ya

Neil said...

Hi Jenny....I think you live at the Circus, too. I am so glad that you are blogging and I can read what is going on in your life. Your babe is a doll. I want to kiss his whole face. Wish I had a slow cooker so I could make the recipe here. I'll try it in only 6 3/4 weeks!!! MUM

Hey It's Di said...

Personally, I want the recipe for VandeCamps Fish sticks. .You have that one handy? heh heh:)

I do like the idea of once a month grocery shopping, however my kids haven't learned the fine art of rationing what you have for the entire month. They will eat it all in a week and it will just cost me a butt load more. (and we all know that a butt load is a LOT:)

Molly said...

I made those tacos this week. He-who-must-not-be-named doesn't like them so I get all of the leftovers to myself. I like to eat the leftovers with melted cheese and chips.